Ingredients: 500 gr thin phyllo pastry, 130 gr butter, 500 gr sugar, 150 gr walnuts or unsalted pistachio, 1 tbs. lemon juice, 120 ml vegetable oil, 350 ml water.
1. Starting with the syrup, transfer 350 ml of water into a pot. Add sugar. When it boils, add the lemon juice and turn off the heat. The syrup is ready.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan. Add the vegetable oil.
3. Cut the phyllo according to the size of your tray.
4. Grease the tray with the mixture of melted butter and oil. Brush some of the mixtures between every 2 layers of phyllo.
5. When you are done placing half of the phyllo, spread a layer of minced walnuts (or minced unsalted pistachio).
6. Place rest of the phyllo.
7. Once you are done, slice your baklava into rectangles. Grease the top layer of phyllo with the leftover oil after you slice the baklava.
8. On 180°C preheated oven, bake for around 25 to 30 minutes.
9. When both tray and the syrup cool down, pour the syrup on the baklava.
10. Let it rest for some hours (best overnight) at room temperature.